Monday, November 3, 2008

My Day at TTouch with Kathy Cascade

I got to spend a day with Jenn at TTouch training at the APS. Jenn organizes these training several times a year with her friend Laura (my special girlfriend Mona's person). Many people come to learn about TTouch and how they can share it with their animal friends. The Tellington TTouch method is a way of interacting with your companion animal that reduces stress, builds confidence, and reduces pain. There are touches that are calming and quieting and movement exercises that engage a dog's attention. The instructor was Kathy Cascade and she showed me how to do this movement exercise where I have to stand quietly then move with her slowly. It's so hard to move slowly! I just want to go, go, go and I get anxious when I can't. Jenn said I did a great job and she's going to help me do all the exercises with confidence.

Jenn says that she's going to offer a workshop for local people that want to learn more about TTouch. If you are interested, just sign up for the Blue Dog newsletter.

To learn more about the TTouch Method, check here.

No comments: