Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My First Full Day as a Neutered Dog

I'm feeling sore today and a little tired and confused. Jenn says this is normal for a dog post-neuter. I didn't feel much like eating until this morning. Recovering from any surgery can be disorienting and while my body heals, I have to take it easy. I don't have any external stitches since the incision was small and sealed with a special medical adhesive. But there are internal stitches and it is very important that I don't pop a stitch being too active. That could be trouble. I shouldn't run or jump and every time I go outside, I have to be on a leash. I can't run or play for about a week. Luckily, I don't have to wear that cone unless I'm left alone. That thing is horrible.

My girlfriend Ayla sent me a "get well" card today. That was very nice of her. It made me feel a lot better.

No comments: